Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Twas the Day After Christmas
(A Dietitian Version)

Modified for the Registered Dietitian
by Sandra Frank, Ed.D, RD, LDN


Twas the day after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd eaten, the eggnog I'd taste
The holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scale there arose such a number!
The scale must be broken, I said with a thunder.
I'd remember the wonderful meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rare,

The wine and the pastries, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
Nothing would fit me, I felt so depressed.
I knew it was time to start a new quest.

I picked up the phone, to call a RD,
Knowing this path was just right for me.
I won’t feel guilty, I’ll try moderation,
Fad diets have failed and even starvation.

I’ll follow the plan, set up solely for me,
More fruits and Veggies are part of the key.
I’ll eat more fiber and exercise I’ll start,
And limit the fat that is bad for my heart.

Yes, I’ll call a RD to provide inspiration and
Learn new ways to avoid temptation.

Happy New Year to All and a Healthy one too
Remember to eat right and exercise for you.

No comments: